Off campus

Living somewhere that’s close to campus will probably make life easier for you, even if you have a car or don’t have too many contact hours. Here are some ideas to help you find somewhere to call home.

Live in shared or independent accommodation

If you’d like to live away from campus, our student association – Murdoch University Guild of Students – can help you find shared or independent accommodation.

The Guild keeps a database of accommodation options near campus. They also have unofficial advice for living off campus and offer a range of clubs, activities and events you can join.

Get accommodation tips from Murdoch University Guild of Students

Find somewhere to live close to Murdoch

If you’d like to live close enough to Murdoch campus to walk, cycle or travel a short distance using public transport, consider these Perth suburbs: Murdoch, Kardinya, Leeming, Coolbellup, Bibra Lake, North Lake, Bull Creek, Winthrop, Bateman or Willagee.  

Live with an Australian family

If you’re coming to Australia from overseas and would like to experience life as part of an Australian family, you can apply for homestay accommodation. You can:

  • Be collected from the airport by your host family when you first arrive.
  • Improve your English language skills by interacting with your host family.
  • Enjoy the local community and culture with advice from local experts.
  • Meet new people and attend social events.
  • Feel supported by the care and advice provided by your host family.

You can apply for homestay through The Australian Homestay Network.

Learn more about homestay accommodation

Are you under 18 years of age?

If you are an international student and under the age of 18, you need to follow specific requirements about where and who you can live with before you can get a student visa.

Please read and understand these requirements before applying for your student visa.