The collection consists of source material documenting the United Kingdom Women's Suffrage Campaign, collected by Tara Books Ltd. of Winchester, England in 1977 and offered for sale as part of the "Blue Moon" Collection.
- Primary source collection of 135 titles including 53 books and 26 pamphlets written by suffragettes and their critics.
- 120 issues of the Victorian periodical The Englishwomen's Review (1881 -1891)
- 449 issues of the suffrage campaign newspapers The Common Cause of Humanity, The Vote, Votes for Women, The Suffragette and Britannica.
- 16 albums of news cuttings compiled by suffragettes. Fifteen of these cover the time period May 1909 to May 1914. Each volume is indexed by the compiler, Iris Valerie Yeoman. The other is a scrapbook covering a greater time period, compiled by Miss Hewitt.
- Collection of 24 signed letters from the leaders of the suffrage campaign, spanning 1860-1930 and illustrating the opinions, policies and ideals of the women's movement.
- Suffrage campaign ephemera which aim to illustrate the campaign as experienced by the individual. Includes suffragette's satchel, WSPU and Votes for Women badges, two song sheets, 5 posters (such as the WSPU cat and mouse poster issued in 1913), 12 postcards, 1 photograph and a calendar head with Christabel Pankhurst's portrait.
- Post-suffrage campaign ephemera.
The collection covers the period 1850-1930, with the majority of works published between 1900-1920. The catalogue from the bookseller is kept with the collection.View Collection Details
[Identification of item], Pankhurst Collection, QP, Special Collections, Murdoch University Library, Murdoch, Western Australia.
Access the collection
Murdoch's Special Collections are held in a restricted area within the Geoffrey Bolton Library. You can either request access to an entire collection, or to a particular item within a collection. Access is conditional upon approval and compliance with our conditions of use.ACCESS THE COLLECTION ACCESS A SPECIFIC ITEM