Content Custodians and Content Providers make the following:
- This Content is the responsibility of the institution, organisation, or individual that has provided it.
- No endorsement, approval or authorisation is attributable to Murdoch University for information, ideas, views, or expressions of opinion within this Content.
- In no event shall Murdoch University be liable for any damages whatsoever resulting from any action arising in connection with the use of information within this Content, or its publication by means of a Server run on a computer on the Murdoch University Network, including any action for infringement of copyright or defamation.
- External sites
- External content feeds
- Reserved Rights
Associated Content and Foreign Content may provide links to other sites not associated with the University. Such links are not endorsements of any information, products, or services available from or promoted by such sites, and no information offered by external sites has been endorsed or approved by Murdoch University.
With respect to the University's obligations under the Broadcasting Services Amendment (Online Services) Act, 1999, the University reserves the right to block access to, or to alter, or remove any content, or information within that content, from computers on the Murdoch University Network, should that content be the subject of a Take-Down Notice from the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA). The University will endeavour to liaise with the Web Administrator responsible for the Server to ensure that appropriate action is taken in the required timeframe.
The University reserves the right to monitor all use of its computer systems and communication networks through authorised Systems Administrators. This includes monitoring files retrieved from Servers, or uploaded to Servers, when excessive traffic is reported via the Communications network traffic accounting system for the Murdoch University Network.
- Content means all forms of information, and without limitation includes: text, formatted text such as HTML pages, interactive and/or dynamic Web pages (such as those generated from data files and databases), images, animation, video and sound files. It may also include software, Web-based output from software applications and Web-based input (ie. transactions).
- Associated Content
- Associated Content is Content that has not been commissioned by Murdoch University, but is relevant to the information needs of the Murdoch community. This Content has been provided by an organisation unit or resource area of the University, or by an individual, or by a group of individuals recognised as being associated with the University. Such Content is generally made accessible via links created to it from within University Content.
- Foreign Content
Foreign Content is Content that has not been commissioned by Murdoch University, nor by an organisation or individual with a recognised association with the University. Such Content is generally made accessible via links created to it from within University Content or Associated Content.
- University Content
- University Content is Content commissioned by the University and provided by an organisation unit or resource area, including administration, academic organisational units, and research centres and institutes of the University.