New students - image

Getting started at Murdoch

Get ready to start at Murdoch

Now that you have enrolled and set-up your student account, there’s only a few things left to do before the semester begins.


Get to Perth and settle in

If you are not a Perth resident, you need to leave enough time to travel to Perth and get set-up with accommodation before semester begins.

If you need somewhere to live whilst you study, Murdoch University Village offers a variety of accommodation options for students who wish to live on campus.

Find out how you can get from Perth Airport to Murdoch University.

If you are an international student the Student Welcome Service provides a series of online modules about living in Australia and studying at Murdoch to help you transition to a new country and university life.


Attend Orientation week

Orientation week (or “O-week”) is designed to welcome and introduce you to Murdoch University. In addition to attending one of several course advice sessions for undergraduate, postgraduate and international students, orientation is also a chance to make friends, speak with your lecturers, sign up for clubs and activities, and immerse yourself into university life. Join us for free food and music, campus and library tours, helpful student volunteers and more!


Arrange your fees

It's a good idea to get your course and Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF) paid or deferred as soon as you can. You can access your fee invoices online by logging into MyInfo and selecting 'Fees' from the menu. International students and Permanent Residents must pay all fees for each semester before the census date. Australian Citizens and Humanitarian Visa holders can defer fees. There are a variety of ways to pay.


Get a Student ID card

Visit the IT Service Counter on Level 3 of the Library to get your compulsory Student ID card (remember to take some identification), or pre-order it and avoid the queues! You will need this card in order to borrow resources from the library, to access certain buildings on-campus after hours, and to verify your identity during exams.


Get your books

Each unit that you are enrolled in will have books that you are required to purchase. Visit the bookshop’s website to see what books you need for this semester.


Get your parking permit

All students who wish to park their car on campus are required to display a valid parking permit. You can read about the various permits available and then purchase a permit online.


Check if you’re eligible for a scholarship or financial support

Murdoch University has a suite of scholarships available to provide financial support towards your academic success. The scholarships on offer are in a variety of different categories including for Indigenous students, academic excellence, financial hardship, alternative entry pathways, Prestigious Donor funded scholarships and more.


Complete your online learning

All new undergraduate and domestic postgraduate coursework students are required to complete the Murdoch Academic Passport (MAP and MAP-Postgrad). These are interactive online modules about academic integrity and academic writing, and are available to students through My Units.

Student Centre


Level 2, Chancellery building
(car park 3)


The Student Centre is open today 8:30am - 4:30pm


South Street campus
1300 Murdoch
(1300 687 3624)

Peel campus
+61 (08) 9582 5501


Key dates

key dates icon

When does the semester start? When's the next teaching break?

View 2017 calendar

New Student Guide

If you're planning on studying at Murdoch, check out our guide on how to be a successful student.

Download the Guide