You might also like...
Qualify and apply
Students applying to Murdoch University on the basis of their completed secondary school studies need to achieve the following:
- WA Certificate of Education (WACE), achieved at high school graduation, or its equivalent
- A scaled mark of 50 or more in English, Literature, or English as an Additional Language or Dialect (all Stage 2 or 3), or equivalent English competency
- An Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) between 60.00 - 64.99 (indicative)
Non school leavers
A number of admissions pathways are available to non-school leavers. A combination of the following types of qualifications may be assessed to determine your eligibility:
- High school results
- Previous university study, minimum of 2 units successfully completed
- TAFE/VET qualifications, Cert IV or higher
- Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT) score of 140 in Written English and 135 in Multiple Choice or, for results prior to 2010, a score of 145 in both sections
- Murdoch Institute of Technology, or other equivalent university preparation courses
- Equity based programs
- Work experience and a personal statement
In assessing your qualifications we will look at your marks and how recently you completed your studies. We suggest you also submit a short personal statement, outlining your experience and its relevance to this course.
Find out more about the admissions pathways available to non school leavers.
How to apply
If you are an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident of Australia you can apply online.
Not sure if you qualify?
We offer a number of alternative entry pathways if you are from a non-traditional academic background. We'd like to talk to you about your circumstances and identify a suitable pathway.
Please contact our admissions team and let us know a little more about your situation.
The qualifications listed below are Murdoch University's standard undergraduate admission requirements for international students. Any of these will allow you to gain direct entry into most Murdoch undergraduate degree programs.
Eligibility to apply
In addition to english proficiency , students should achieve at least one the following in order to be eligible to apply for a course with standard entry requirements:
|GCE A-Level/STPM||At least 7 points over the best 2 or 3 subjects at H2 level|
|WAUPP||CPS of at least 54|
|International Baccalaureate (IB)||Full IB Diploma awarded, score of at least 25|
|Australian ATAR||An Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) between 60.00 - 64.99 (indicative)|
|Indonesian SMU3||Score of 8|
|For Diploma and post-secondary graduates||Successful completion of your Diploma or other recognised post-secondary qualification will usually allow you to direct entry to those Murdoch University programs that have standard entry requirements. Requests for advanced standing (credit and exemptions) will be assessed upon request.|
Other qualifications are also accepted. To find out whether you qualify contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants whose first language is not English must demonstrate competency in the English language. This requirement can be met by achieving the following scores in one of the following English language proficiency tests:
|IELTS||6.0 (no individual band less than 6.0)|
|TOEFL (paper based)||550 (with the Test of Written English 5)|
|TOEFL (internet based)||80 (no band less than 20)|
|Australian Matriculation English||Pass|
|GCE O-level||C6 or better|
|1119 General Paper||Credit pass|
Other forms of English proficiency may be accepted. Please contact email@example.com to check your eligibility.